Welcome to the Epsilon College’s data protection policy.
We all at Epsilon Net are committed, in protecting the personal data of our customers and respecting their digital privacy. We take all the necessary organisational and technical measures needed to ensure the safety, availability and validity of user and customer data.
It is important for us that this commitment should be clear all customers and users of our services. This is the reason we created this “Privacy Protection – Data Protection Statement”, that describes and explains the kind of personal data we collect, and the way we process and use them.
Epsilon Net develops software and offers digital services, business counseling and information, and professional training/education services. This statement refers to all software development and all services we provide.
The personal data we collect
EPSILON NET collects and processes data exclusively for the purposes of its legal and proper operation and to offer its customers and internet users the best possible user experience. Some of these data are provided directly by our customers or users of our online services, for example, when a new user registers for one of our services or when a customer submits a support request to us. Some other data are recorded indirectly, and this recording depends on how users use our software products or online services. Thus, data are collected, when technologies such as cookies are used, or error reports or statistical usage data are received from the software products to diagnose problems, or to improve them. In any case, prior to data collection or send, a clear and explicit acceptance by the user is required, through appropriate user interface.
The data we collect may include:
- Name and contact details. We collect the forename and surname of our users, their e-mail and postal address, their phone number, etc.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, passwords hints, as well as the necessary security information used to authenticate access to our services.
- Payment data. When a customer is purchasing a service or product, we collect all the necessary date to handle the payment, such as credit card number and the associated security code.
We collect data on the product or service used by the customer or user and the way they interact. For example:
- Product Usage Data. We collect anonymous data about the product/service features that our online users, use.
- Bug reports and performance data. We collect information related with the performance of our software, as well as any problems that users may have with it. These data help us to diagnose product problems as well as improve our products and the solutions provided.
- Troubleshooting and help data. When customers contact EPSILON NET for troubleshooting and support, we collect data about the customers as well as any other detail related to the incident. Such data include communication or authentication data, the content of conversations and communication with EPSILON NET, data about the state of the machine and the application when the error occurred and during diagnostics; as well as system data and registry about software installations and hardware configurations.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Furthermore, we use web beacons to deliver cookies and to collect usage and performance data. Our websites may also include web beacons and cookies from third party providers.
You have a variety of tools available to you to control cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies, such as browser controls to block and delete cookies and controls by certain third-party analytics providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies; Your browser and other options may affect your experience with our products.
Use of Personal Data
EPSILON NET uses the data it collects exclusively for the following purposes:
- To conduct its business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the products and services it offers.
- To send communications, including advertising material via e-mail or telephone conversation (commercial promotion, offers, etc.).
We do not share the data we collect with business entities or persons without the customer’s explicit consent and when necessary to complete any transaction or to provide a service, such as payment data, in which case we will share the data with the bank and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, or preventing fraud and reduce credit risk.
Finally, we may access, transfer, disclose and retain personal data when we believe in good faith that this is necessary for the following reasons:
- To comply with the legislation or to respond to valid legal requests coming from the police or other government authorities.
- To operate and maintain the security of our products, including preventing or stopping any malicious attack on our computer systems or networks or protecting the rights or property of Epsilon Net.
How long do we retain your personal data?
The storage and processing of customer and user data is done exclusively and only as permitted by law or in accordance with the express consent of the users, only for as long as is necessary to satisfy the purposes of the processing (as defined above), or until the user disagrees with the use of Personal Data by EPSILON NET, or until he or she withdraws his/her consent. However, whenever required by law, EPSILON NET will retain Personal Data for a longer period or whenever required so EPSILON NET can assert or defend itself against legal claims.
Place of data processing
EPSILON NET’s head office and branch are in Greece, therefore all processing carried out in our facilities is within Greek territory. For the best service provision, EPSILON NET uses cloud infrastructure in Greek data centers and Microsoft Azure. In the case of Microsoft Azure, data centers within the European Union are exclusively used.
How to access and control your personal data
Users of EPSILON NET products and services can at any time request information about their Personal Data from EPSILON NET and request their correction or deletion. EPSILON NET can delete the data only if there is no legal obligation or if it has no other legal right to keep them. Of course, if a user’s data is deleted, then EPSILON NET is unable to continue providing its services to that user, when they require the use of this data.
If EPSILON NET uses personal data in accordance with the user’s consent or to enter into a contract with him/her, the user may request a copy of his personal data.
Finally, users can ask EPSILON NET to limit any processing of their Personal Data in the following cases:
- The Personal Data used by EPSILON NET, are incorrect.
- There is no legal basis for EPSILON NET to process the Personal Data and the user requests processing restrictions.
For any request or clarification needed, users may contact us through the email below, specifying the information or processing activities related to their request, the format in which they want this information and whether the Personal Data will be sent to them or to another recipient. The request will be carefully considered, and we will discuss with the user the best way to fulfill it.
Epsilon net is fully in charge of data processing and its placed at Thessaloniki, November 17, 87, EMO Zone, 555 34, tel. 2310 981700.
Epsilon Net AE company companies data protection officer is Mr. Amanatos Amanatidis, with whom you can contact at email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
EPSILON NET may modify this Privacy Statement in order to comply with applicable personal data protection practices. When we make changes to this statement, we will update the “date updated” at the bottom of this page. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement from time to time to be informed about how EPSILON NET protects your data.
Questions about the policy and its implementation
EPSILON NET is committed to protecting your personal data online. If you have any questions or comments regarding our handling of your personal data, please contact us at the address and details listed above or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this address to let us know about any concerns you may have about compliance with our Online Privacy Statement.
On this website, the terms “we”, “us”, and “us” refer to EPSILON NET SA and/or any company or companies associated with EPSILON NET SA and belonging to its group of companies.